Saturday, March 11, 2006

An Appeal for Help

I got an email today in response to the "Support Our Troops" article, which was also posted on OpEdNews, where I publish some of the blogs.



Hi Jon, I am writting to thank you for your honesty. I wish more people cared about what is going on over there, And what heartache those left behind at home go through every secound of every day. My son is a US Marine. He got back from his 3 deployment to Iraq, He turned 19 over there the first year, the 2nd year he turned 20 in Fallujah,3rd year he turned 21 on the Syrian border. We are VERY LUCKY HE CAME HOME TO US. Everyday we continue to loose more lives, WHEN WILL IT END??? WHAT CAN WE DO??? I AM NOT WILLING TO LET MY SON GO OVER THERE AGAIN & I WILL DO EVERYTHING I CAN TO KEEP HIM FROM GOING AGAIN!! I do not understand why we have these toll numbers on McDonalds on how many hamburgers they have sold or the lottery numbers...Why isn't there a billboard in every city, with a running toll on it how many soldiers we are loosing every day??? I tried to get my elected representives to help me get a fund raiser on this and was told that the ""Current Administration would NEVER ALLOW THAT!!"



I've read lots of things like this, both from those in the military as well as their parents. But it's more painful when something is addressed directly to you. Honestly, I'm not sure what can be done - one of the most effective recourses, the power to vote, is being rapidly removed (I'll write about that in the near future). But it is important to do something. I've come to understand that no matter how bad one thinks this administration is, the truth is much worse, and I'd encourage all readers to try to do something, even something small, to try to halt what is, essentially, a true move towards fascism in America.

3 Comments:

Blogger Leo said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Leo said...

House Resolution 550 (verified voting) has 168 sponsors and HR 635 (investigate Bush) has 31 sponsors. Thoughts? Hope?

Fattah's already on board on HR 550 and I sent an email asking him to sponsor 635.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Mopso said...

I sure hope so.

But right now I'm not real optimistic. There seems to be pressure to replace voting machines in NY, PA, and California, 3 incredibly important states for both parties, which I see as a move to spread the fraud effort.

Unfortunately laws and paper trails have limited effect; they are necessary, but not sufficient, to stop the fraud, which is clearly perpetrated by people who don't have respect for the law and for whom changing paper votes is an inconvenient, but still doable, option - there was a lot of paper fraud in Florida in 2000, for instance.

But it's a step in the right direction.

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home